Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sarawak

Recently I am just coming back from Sibu, my hometown which is located in Sarawak. Maybe you don't really know Sarawak but that will be something I will be talking about
Back to my recent trip.. While back in Sarawak, I made 2 trips to Kuching and I discovered that actually, my hometown Sarawak is a great place and pretty especially you look at it up high there!


The Iban Longhouse


Ok! I am going to talk some about my sweet and lovely hometown Sarawak !
Sarawak, is the largest state of Malaysia and it known as Land of Hornbills aka Bumi Kenyalang too and it's on the Borneo Island together with the 2nd largest state Sabah! Well, there's some of them thinks that Sarawakian are living on the tree just because that Sarawak is famous with the tropical rain forest and that made some of them thinks that we live on the tree.. Still remember that, I was asked if we are living on the tree and guess what I answered ? I told them that, yea we are living on the tree and helicopter is using as transport and we swing around like a monkey !

I found that my hometown is still full with the forest although the timber work had been active for quite a long time period.. and the river there are so nice which made up a nice picture.. Quite often there's crop circle in some farm but there's natural circle in Sarawak and all of that are made up with the river crossover the forest ! Honestly I wish to describe the beauty of Sarawak but my limited english writing skill is terrible and not able to describe it nicely.



Briefly describe Sarawak , Sarawak has more than 40 sub-ethic groups, each with its own distinct language, culture and lifestyle. Cities and larger towns are populated predominantly by Malays, Melanau and Chinese , and a smaller percentage of Ibans and Bidayuhs who have migrated from their home-villages for employment reasons. Sarawak is distinctive from the rest of Malaysia in that there is only a small community of Indians living in the state. Apart from that, Sarawak is divided into 11 divisions and of course one of them is my hometown Sibu.

There's some places that you can go and visit if you love hot weather and tropical rain forest !!

That's all for this time and I know it's bit stupid and boring! But ! Trust me, Sarawak is a place that worth you to go at least once and I believe you wont regret for that !

Next time i will try to introduce my lovely hometown Sibu, will try to introduce the food the places there ! Hope that I can write something more interesting next time ! Cheers

Stay Tune !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger news

Related Posts with Thumbnails Get Free Shots from Snap.com